Football Association of Thailand was founded on 1916. It’s was 101 years old football association of Asian football. Football Association Thailand was beginning the journey on 25th April 1916. This is the governing body part of Thailand football. The Thailand football association is controlling futsal football of Thailand. The Thailand national football team was also controlling by FAT. The football association of Thailand was a member of FIFA since 1925. And also Thailand was a member of AFC since 1954.
History of FAT (Football Association Thailand)
The Thailand republic has known football since 1897. But King Vijiravudh has founded football in Thailand on 1916. After that’s the football association of Thailand was joined with FIFA on 1925 and AFC on 1954. Thailand National Stadium is the first stadium of Thailand which was made in 1935. Thailand football was introduced with King’s Cup on 1968 and also known Queen cups after two years from 1986. These two cups are the national cup competition of Thailand football.
Football Association Thailand Mission
- First of all further enhance Thailand Football development.
- Thailand wants to achieve highest possible standards position of football at all level.
- To improve the Thailand football experience for the fans.
- Promoting Thailand local Football activities and motivating all peoples to involve with football seems like playing, watching etc.
- To build Thailand football into a viable business for all involved seems like owners, players, media, and officials.
- Much as increasing the level of Thailand national football team to achieve higher position in FIFA Ranking.
- To re-build the FAT brand.
- Therefore promoting training and pay attention on the youth training for football development.
- Offering more Coach for teaching football education seminars in Thailand at different levels for football development.
- Promoting women’s national football team in Lesotho.
- In addition work with governing part of the national football team development.
- As a result, Football Association Thailand reaches their goal any time.
Thailand National Football Team
The Thailand national football team was controlling by Football Association of Thailand. The national football team was beginning football journey since 1916. The men national football team was known as “War Elephants” from that time. The Asian football team is a member of AFC and FIFA.
The National football team of Thailand was first played the match on 1930. This team has played so many times before. They lose some matches or win some matches those are high defeating. The national team won king’s Cup on 13th times and this is the highest winning cups for them. Here is the short list of national team honors.
Thailand national football team honors
The International titles of Thailand:
- Olympic Games First round (2): 1956, 1968
The Continental titles of Thailand:
- AFC Asian Cup Third place (1): 1972
- Asian Games Fourth place (2): 1990, 1998
The Regional titles of Thailand:
- AFF Championship Winners (5): 1996, 2000, 2002, 2014, 2016
- AFF Runner-Up (3): 2007, 2008, 2012
Southeast Asian Games:
- Gold medal (9): 1965, 1975, 1981, 1983, 1985, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- Silver medal (4): 1959, 1969, 1977, 1991
- Bronze medal (5): 1961, 1967, 1971, 1979, 1987
The Invitational titles of Thailand:
- King’s Cup Winners (15): 1976, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2016, 2017
- The King’s Cup Runner-Up (10): 1970, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1993, 1997, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2015
- King’s Cup Third place (11): 1968, 1973, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2013*
Indonesian Independence Cup:
Winners (1): 1994
- Third place (1): 1977
- Fourth place (1): 1980
- Winners (2): 2006, 2008
3 Nations in Taiwan cup:
- Winners (1): 1971
4 Nations in Indochina Cup:
- Winners (1): 1989
- Winners (1): 1990
Thailand National Football Team Coach, Top scorer & current squad
Manager: Milovan Rajevac
Top Scorer: Kiatisuk Senamuang (71)
Goalkeeper: Kawin Thamsatchanan (Captain, Sinthaweechai Hathairattanakool, Siwarak Tedsungnoen.
Defender: Peerapat Notchaiya, Theerathon Bunmathan, Chalermpong Kerdkaew,
Adisorn Promrak, Pansa Hemviboon, Philip Roller, Nattapon Malapun, Putthinan Wannasri. Tristan Do, Narubadin Weerawatnodom, Mika Chunuonsee, Kevin Deeromram, Suriya Singmui, Koravit Namwiset, Pratum Chuthong, Pravinwat Boonyong, Manuel Bihr.
Midfielder: Wattana Playnum, Chutipol Thongthae, Thitipan Puangchan, Sanrawat Dechmitr, Mongkol Tossakrai, Bodin Phala, Tanaboon Kesarat, Peeradon Chamratsamee, Pokklaw Anan. Chanathip Songkrasin, Rungrath Poomchantuek, Anthony Ampaipitakwong, Jakkaphan Kaewprom, Sarawut Masuk, Kroekrit Thaweekarn, Prakit Deeprom, Charyl Chappuis, Sarach Yooyen, Adul Lahsoh.
Forward: Adisak Kraisorn, Teeratep Winothai, Siroch Chatthong, Tana Chanabut, Teerasil Dangda.
Football Association Thailand Staff List
President: POOMPANMOUNG SOMYOT
Vice President: Unknown
General Secretary: CHULDILOK PISAN
Technical Director: Unknown
National Team Coach MEN: RAJEVAC MILOVAN
Media/Communications Manager: Unknown
Referee Coordinator: Unknown
Jerseys: Black/ White
Shorts: Black/ White
Thank you for reading Football Association Thailand and National football team Details. Hope you will know all the information about Thailand National Football team. And also their little bits history, Mission, League and other competitions & also the staff list of FAT. If you have any requirements or you think we miss some information of FAT. Please inform us with your valuable comments on the comment below. Also, you have any requirement about FAT then inform us on the comment below. And you have any personal requirements then contact us. Again thank for being with us or giving your valuable times. Before we go lets me inform you that, we collect FAT or their full information from FIFA, Wiki and the official website of Football Association Thailand like ours.